About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Independence Day - July 4th and July 5th

Monday is the Fourth of July or Independence Day of the United States of America.  The blog today will be dedicated to our military.  To ALL of them, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It does not matter whether you are in the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines or Reserves, active duty or retired, it is thanks to you that I am able to write this message, that I am free to pray every day, that I can go shopping, see my family and friends.  It is thanks to you that I can be me.

May God bless you every day; I pray that you are safe, that your sacrifice is rewarded and that your family is protected. 

If you are like me that wish to support them, there are a few things you can do, starting with a prayer.  We all know someone who knows someone who is out there in the middle of it all, so put together a care package with things like a deck of cards, dices, or a ball, maybe even beef jerky.  These are items that do not require electricity or maintenance and fit in their pockets, and if you use the prepaid boxes from the postal office it is less than $10.00.  During girl scouts cookie sale, you can buy extra boxes and they will ship them for you.  There is also a need for their families left behind.  If you live close to a military base, you can go and inquire. 

As you go on with your weekend, please bow your head for our military and then go eat, drink and be merry and be safe.
 
Tuesday is the Fifth of July or Independence Day of Venezuela.  The blog today will also be dedicated to my family and friends who still live there and the ones that had to escape for a safer life.  It is hard to celebrate Independence Day when you are not free.  My heart goes out to you and my prayer to God is that he will bless you, I pray that you stay safe and that soon your sacrifice is rewarded with a new DEMOCRATIC leader that will fix the country so that I can come and visit.
 
Today, now and every day, I pray for world peace and I ask God to give me the wisdom to start with myself.

Love y’all,

ME

3 comments:

  1. Luisa, I join you in your hope for true freedom for the people of Venezuela and peace in the world. Hope you are enjoying the day. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally unexpected Dave and YES, I will try it since the vegetables are cooked. For some reason I thought that you or Jim would write something about not giving up the martini's or the tequila/tomato juice shots... I wouldn't if I were you... Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Kane and John Brett Buchanan like this

    ReplyDelete