About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thank God for friends

I forgot how much joy is there when you see good old friends.  Friday I wrote about Happy Hour and having a good day and all and never did I dream that our good old friends from Denver (Linda and Charlie) were going to drive 10 hours to come to Norman Oklahoma and surprise me.  It has been an incredible weekend of laughing, crying, catching up and just togetherness.

Unfortunately I also forgot for a moment about my cancer and the treatments and tried to ignore my aching body telling me that something was not right.  Then of course came the fever as a reminder that my defenses were too low.  The good thing is that that was yesterday and today is a new wonderful day. 

So for a short and sweet note, surprise someone today.  Give them a call, send them a text or just show up and knock on their door.  We all need a moment in which to say ‘That was a joy’.

‘And if you are in Orange County California, please go see Michael as he too could use some company’.

Love y’all,

ME

2 comments:

  1. Good post Luisa - surprises like this are great and happy to hear how you enjoyed it. Glad you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Romero-Pieron likes this..

    Barbara Vettor Beautiful experience :)
    July 25 at 10:06pm · Like

    ReplyDelete