About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Monday, April 23, 2012

So how is your day today?


How will it be tomorrow?  Your choice of course on how you deal with tomorrow, so start that day with a smile.

So today, I started the day with of course radiation and have only this week left and then done.  Right, wrong or indifferent, I have now received the max and any more will poison my body, kind of a sarcastic statement as radiation in itself is poison.  Oh well.

Then mid-afternoon went for the famous ‘Shave the Head’ since yesterday the hair was coming out in clumps.  To be honest, I got sad.  Last time, I decided when I would lose my hair, this time; the decision was made for me….  No matter, I have accepted the fact so now ALL gone. And the good thing is that I do have a pretty hat to wear for the memorial service to my mother-in-law scheduled for tomorrow.

Then what will I be doing tomorrow?  After radiation of course, we are having a small closure service for Alma Louise Keating (Gal).  You know, at 95 and not in such good health, we expected it, but when it happens… it is still very sad.  She was an adorable lady and she was a wonderful mother and my husband Pat loved her very much.  I thank God every day for the way she raised him and in looking at how he took such good care of her the past 5 to 7 years makes me know that I am in the best hands ever.

When tomorrow comes, if you would look up at least once and smile at Gal as she completes her journey to heaven…  That would be nice.

Love y’all
ME

5 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH ALL OUR LOVE HUGS AND KISSES IRISH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi reina con tu pelo, sin el, con peluca, sin ella,asi tal cual como estas eres tu misma, no hay cosa mas preciada que esa, eres preciosa, con una personalidad inigualable, asi desvestida por fuera y full sencible,con el mejor corazon, siendo la mejor esposa, madre, hija, amiga, te ganaste el mundo, sabes tienes aun algo mas valioso, tienes un don de gente que te resalta por los poros, eso se lo lacta uno a su madre, eso no se consigue en la escuela, ni en la universidad, en resumen eres unica, siempre te he admirado,sigue luchando mi reina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maigualida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful as always! Love and prayers to you, Pat and the family. Jenn and Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Such a radiant smile!

    ReplyDelete