About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I am so blessed

How do I begin to describe my feelings?  I admit that it is sad that my time here is shorter than I expected.  I have fought and will continue to fight until no more… but God has blessed me in so many other ways.

Most of you know that I am the middle child with six sisters… three older, three younger who are spread throughout the USA. There are a total of 2 nieces and 5 nephews. I also have a wonderful husband, amazing son and the most loving and talented daughter married to an incredible man who together gave me a Queen for granddaughter… Add to this the hundreds of earthly angels called friends… I am so blessed.

This past Friday (Good Friday) happened to be also my birthday.  The day started out with radiation and a visit to the nursing home where my mother-in-law is not doing so well; back home and rest.  Michelle and Pat woke me up and said that my birthday present was too big and if I could come with them to my one sister’s house that lives in town.

There are no words to describe what a most beautiful surprise it was to see ALL my sisters there, they all took time off work, life plus the expense and all and flew here just to be with ME.  Please feel free and safe to click on the link below, warning, it will make you cry.

Front View video:

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10100716185370667" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10100716185370667" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Back View video:

<object width="224" height="400" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10100708465401547" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10100708465401547" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="224" height="400"></embed></object>



All night I kept counting 1 2 3 4 5 6 yup all here, there really isn’t a word that can describe how I felt that day and the whole weekend as we all were here celebrating my life while we could.
How do I explain the feeling, tell you about my sisters, introduce them to you so you know how significant this is… we are not the hug/kissy type family, we are logical, practical, loving yes but not like this…  all very intelligent and hard workers, actually I am the only normal one. They are all way above me when it comes to brain power and working and life I was the mushy mushy, love, kissy so for them to do this on the spare of the moment just does not happen, specially  because we had just gotten together at the end of January for my mother’s funeral.  Mind you, they had planned this before the news of my situation last week.

Now this is not all, my nephews Hermes and his wife Jill also blessed us with the coming of their baby Allistyn Rose on my birthday, so for years to come this day will be special to all.

I was blessed with a visit from neighbors, some of the Ex-Louie’s girls which melted my heart and blessed by an incredible cocktail party on Saturday given by Paul Ziert and then there was Easter Sunday celebration here at my house with all my family around.  Well the once that were still here.

Another blessing is also you, so many of you and I am not exaggerating when I say hundreds of you have called me, sent me beautiful cards, flowers, messages via the blog, facebook and e-mail of encouragement, of birthday, of how I have influenced you…  My oh my, if I had known I was been watched so closely I probably would have used less bad language… nahhhh.

And my daughter, my personal angel with the most beautiful granddaughter I could ever have.  And my son, here at my side for now and I continue to ask God that he can be free before I go.
And my husband, how can he keep this up caring for all of us and still make me laugh.

 There are so many things I wanted to talk about in this next few weeks but this message deserved a posting of its own.  I am not exaggerating but I truly know that I am one blessed person and all thanks to you all.

Love y’all,
ME

 PS. When you sign my blog as anonymous, can you give me a hint on who you are?  I have some beautiful messages and no clue who my lovely friend is…. Thanks,

5 comments:

  1. Tu Espíritu y tu amor se mantendrán intactos en el corazón de tus seres queridos. Carolina Valero......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strength, your family and your joy in the face of all truly inspires me. You and your beautiful family are in my prayers every day. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I read your blog...I feel so warm & fuzzy. Even when its bad news...u just have this way of bringing the positive in. U r ssoooo unbelievably special!!! XOOOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Luisa,
    You have been an angel in so many people's lives and our loving God is gathering you home because she wants you closer to her. I am praying for your Pat, Michelle and her baby and husband, and Michael. And your sisters and family and friends and everyone who loves you so much.

    Your legacy is love and peace and I'm praying for an infinate abundance of both for you. xoxo, Kathy (Costa Mesa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not heed your warning and watched the video of your sisters surprise and here I sit crying. It is SO AWESOME though that they did that. How overwhelming and FUN! You have some fantastic sisters!!!

    ReplyDelete