About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Keep them coming...

How do you describe what the heck is going on around here?  Yes, there are a lot of good people in this world, I happen to know many but how wonderful that it is me who is surrounded by a bunch.

So Monday, we had homemade lasagna made by a beautiful young lady (Nicole Lutz Nickel) who is actually a newlywed and that Pat picked up at a bar.  I had to say it that way to get your interest.  She was a bartender at our favorite Louie’s while going to school.  In any case, another homemade meal tasting great. BLESSING

Brooke Nafarrete is here keeping the boys in check and my house clean and will help organize my junk a bit more.  BLESSING

Our neighbor from back in the days when Pat and I got married here in Norman came by and brought us homemade baked potato soup.  BLESSING

And then, you just will not believe what happened, as I am getting ready to get a bite to eat…

Or did I tell you the bad news?  I lost 6 pounds in 1 week; sign of treatment and cancer so a very bad thing.  I am almost at the wedding weight.  Yikes!!!  So I can’t waist time eating fruit, or low fat yogurt.  Burgers, ice cream, eggs, toast, sloppy joes, pasta, ice cream, calories, ice cream, cheese, did I mention ice cream?  Anyway I have digressed.  NOT A BLESSING

And then, the door bell rings and one of my dearest friends Doctor James Flores (Jim) is standing in my kitchen.  I cried, of course I cried, and then I cried some more.  Jim was originally our family dentist in California over 20 years ago.  We had stayed in touch and lately not so much but prayed for him every day.  His sweet wife read my message on Monday and he hoped on a plain yesterday and here he is, oh my God.  Did I tell you I cried?  BLESSING

My poor children, this time it was Michael who kept the secret, he washed his sheets and cleaned his room and called his aunt Ligia saying I will need to spend the night at your house as another surprise friend is arriving.  You know, I did not know that my family was this good at keeping secrets; actually we are not but boy lately.  BLESSING

What can I say?  Please know that you do NOT have to come see me, your calls and inspiring messages keep a smile on my face, you do not have to buy me gifts or bring food.  Just continue to pray, and when possible stay in touch.  BLESSING

And one more thing, call a brother, sister, nephew, a parent, you know a family member that you are at odds with and say ‘I want you to know that I love you and staying apart will never change that’.  BLESSING

Love y’all,
ME

PS. The best part of my blog is that with one click you can get to my daughter's 'Leachlove' who is an excellent writer.

4 comments:

  1. You have to be a good person to be so 'blessed'. You are always in my prayers.
    Lux

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE reading your blog...it always makes me smile & it shows me that m, no matter what's going on in my life, there's no room for negativity!! U have been ssoooo positive through everything & that truly inspires me 2 do the same!!! XOXOOOOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know? This thing about keeping secrets is blowing my mind, I never thought we were that good at it, actually we have been pretty bad. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs are awesome, I love reading them. You are BLESSED indeed! Prayers always! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete