About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blog, blog, blog…



Well hello there, hope you have a wonderful day, I hope I do to.  So not much to report just can’t sleep and thought you might want to hear about my continued blessing… Or not, but here they are…

A couple of days ago, we had one of the sweetest memorial services for my mother-in-law Alma Louise (Gal) Washburn Keating.  As you read in my prior blogs…. Or not, she passed last Friday and no matter how you plan and prepare, we miss her.  We expected to have about 10 people or so telling stories but my goodness, we have over 30 people paying their respects and I am so glad for her and Pat.  After the service, Pat’s nephew, wife, baby and mother, came home with us and spent the night.  The pictures that you see here are fantastic, AND YES I AM BOLD… specially the one of the two Grandmas’…  Grandma Gal would have been proud of the two beautiful ‘Great Granddaughters’.

You might say okay, but trust me, what a blessed day and so peaceful and beautiful…

Now get this, while here we get a call from some old friends ‘The Nymans’ flying cross country want to stop by for a night and say hello… they were originally friends with my brother-in-law John and his wife Sonia who is at my house, so we had a party and they got to visit too, coincidence?  Hmmm

And get this, tomorrow Friday, my dear friend ‘Kathy Byrne’ is coming for a night to visit, love chatting with her, she makes me laugh…. And that is not all, I got a call from my Colorado old neighbors, Linda and Charlie Talley and they are driving through, he continues to Louisiana and she will stay with me to spoil me, cook for me, and of course make me laugh too.

Okay so if these are not just all blessing, I do not know what else to call them.  My fear is that one day people will stop coming and then what…  Oh my, can’t think of that now.

Two more radiation and that is it for the brain as my body is saturated and can’t get anymore.  Chemo on Monday and then?  Can’t think about that either, if I tolerate this round we might make plans for a trip after Michael’s next court case.  That would be fun.

Love y’all,
ME

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blessings!! xo, Charity Stock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a chance to get on Facebook and link to your blog. My, that was easy. Oh, Luisa, what a beautiful family photo. Everyone looks so good. Gal is looking on with happiness and love, no doubt. Miss you and Pat...thinking of you all the time. Love you! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete