About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sadly I see the finish line

For those of you who have facebook, this might not be a total surprise. I want to let you family and friends who have been by my side and prayed and sent good vibes that I am sorry to say that the time for me to say good bye is closer than I was hoping and praying for, remember is not that prayer does not work is that sometimes the answer is NO and God must need me up there really really bad because he has heard yours and my prayers and still says I need you.

So to bring you up to date, last week in Houston the doctors indicated that my cancer had spread all throughout the body and that in conjunction with the skin burned so badly it was obvious that the trial was not working so they sent me back home.  On Thursday I met with my oncologist and she noted a concern that an ‘unspecific lesion located in the left cerebellum’, so she recommended that we have a brain scan before starting chemo.  Sadly enough the results are that what looks to be tumors are spread throughout the brain so instead of chemo at this time I went to see the radiation oncologist which said ‘statistically’ if I do this for 14 days and it works, it might buy me 6 months.  So you see, now I see the finish line and I hope that I have six month with no pain or horrible side effects.

Please know every one that my first and foremost prayer is Michael, I ask God a million times a day that I get to see my son free and become a productive member of society so if I am gone and this wish did not come true I ask you all to continue praying for him.

In my heart I worry so much about my family since I took the role of the pillar, in the end they will all be okay but I am worried about their road before they get there so another favor I ask of my friends, if you know any member of my family Pat, Michelle, Michael and my sisters, please give them support, they will tell you they are okay even if they are not so impose yourself upon them because they can use a hug.

I am sorry if I am asking for too much but I picked my friends very carefully and know that each one of you would be happy to help out.

For now is all I can write, honestly I have not stopped crying but will continue to write until I can write no more.

Love y’all,
ME

13 comments:

  1. Your tears are catching........I can't believe your news. So wish i could be there. Love you Luisa so very much XOXOX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunque no tengo ni idea de que nos espera despues de estar en ésta vida, siempre he sentido la ilusion y la esperanza de que lo que nos viene despues de la muerte es mucho mas bello y mejor de lo que vivimos en ésta vida. Tu espíritu y tu amor se mantendrá intacto en el corazón de tus seres queridos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Luisa ~ You are brave, you are kind, you are loved. Please know that you are God's special child and he will embrace you now, more than ever. Your requests are heard and agreed upon. We love you and are with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Luisa, thanks for your courage and good will towards others, truly an example for us all.
    Eduardo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luisa, if I could look into your eyes, you would know I want to walk the path with you. Where are you? What state? OK or CO?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luisa, thank you for keeping those you know and love so informed and close to you during this time. I feel as though I have been with you for the fight! For that, I thank you. Your blog will continue to be a reminder and guide for the thoughts, hopes, and fears of those and their loved ones facing such life events. I admire your courage, respect your decisions, and know that God will be able to add a mighty force and loving person by his side when the time comes. We love you and will be here for you and your family. Carlton Dimery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Luisa, You are remarkable. You have fought a braver fight than anyone I know. May God's love sustain you. We love you forever. Suzanne & Wish

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Michael Elliott - Luisa, there are people that you always remember, sometimes for the greatest of feats and others for their kindness and friendship. For me, you are the later, and you know, that's the type of person I treasure the most. All we did was work together and you left a great impression on me, especially at a time in my life were I was shedding the kid in me and taking on more responsibility. At that time, I can always point to you and feel that I can only hope to be as smart, kind and generous to others as you were to me. Your mentorship no matter how brief has stayed with me many years. That my friend is the greatest of treasures to me. Thank you. You are always and will always be a wonderful co-worker, person and friend to me. Stay strong, you are loved in so many ways...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lamento mucho que nos tengas que dejar tan pronto. Al final en algun momento todos vamos a llegar al mismo punto querramos o no y podria ser en cualquier momento. Lo importante es saber que no es la primera o la ultima vez que lo haremos y lo digo por propia experiencia ya que somos espiritus vistiendo un cuerpo. Y que algunos lo podramos confrontar o no nada tiene que ver con la verdad. La verdad es que la tierra es redonda aunque algunos pensabamos era plana apenas unos cuantos años atras y ahora y antes siempre fue redonda. Asi que no me despido todo lo contrario espero verte de nuevo algun momento en el futuro. Espero que no tomes mis palabras como una ofensa pero mas bien como una esperanza. Muchos Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luisa, Dan, Jordan, Kelly and I love you dearly. Pat, you and your kids have created some special memories for us and I so glad that we are friends. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. LOVE >>>LOVE YOU. We are always here supporting you and the family....Love Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luisa, I will be praying for you and your family, as well and many of my friends and my church will pray for you and your family as well.
    You have been a mentor and leader to me in more ways than you know. You helped me to be a better manager when I left your team to lead the storage team.
    I have used your wisdom and emmulated your management style as best I could.
    I thank you for letting me grow and encouraging me as you have.

    If there is anything you or your family needs e sure to let me know.
    I agree with Michael, you are loved in so many ways,,, J Holt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you Luisa! Please know that you are in my thoughts and I am sharing tears with you as I write this note.

    You are a kind a warm hearted person with a wonderful sense of humor and an incredible insight into humanity. You were one of the best bosses a person could ask for, you saw me through many situations and taught me so much. Most of what I am today as a professional is due to your tutelage, support and wise advice.

    I cannot begin to express my sadness.


    Please let me know if I can do anything for you or your family.

    Carrie (and Patrick of course)

    ReplyDelete