About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Monday, August 29, 2011

Seesaw!!!

Sorry my friends for not writing in a while, it sure has been a busy and interesting week.  Some good and some definitely not so good…

I will start with the not so good as it is important that we finish on a positive note so that you want to read more.

This past Monday my dear Mother was diagnosed with Lung Cancer, the same kind that I have.  Hers seems to be in an early stage and hopefully she will see the oncologist this week and learn more about options.  Have you met my mother?  She is a bit older, full of life and funny, unlike her daughters, she is not confrontational and very much like me (or me like her) loves to party and entertain.  This adventure for her will be very different than mine and I will keep you posted on available options and her logic and decision when it all comes about.  For now, Mom does not plan on going through invasive treatment and hopes not to change her life style too much.  Mom will take prayers, good thoughts and positive thinking but Mom is not the kind that wants for people to feel sorry for her or be the center of attention unless she is jumping in the pool with her clothes on, but that is a story for another day.

Mom we love you, you are the best…

On a not so good not so bad I will ask that you continue to remember my son Michael. He is trying very hard to keep his head up but as time goes by he is having a difficult time dealing with his situation. 

On a better note, my dear friend Connie is here for a visit.  Her story in itself is very entertaining but she has not started a blog so for now, let me tell you that she spent the past few years in an adventure with her mother who recently died of cancer (lung) and now she is traveling around the US visiting and enjoying life.  Unfortunately there isn’t much to do in Norman, OK proper and with me and my chemo can’t even go out with her but she will survive and have fun because that is who she is.  So far Connie has done pool at moms, Louie’s, Docs with me, Dustbowl festival and today she will do the National Weather Center tour.
And last but not least the best news ever about Maggie…  Doctor checkup was fantastic so in less than two weeks, our ‘Reina’ is almost like nothing ever happened.  I will tell you that now that the blood from the heart is not affecting her lung, my goodness, she can really be load and get your attention.  I know, I know, I know you will say that she is so sweet and look at the smile and happy face but let me tell you, she can now make herself heard.

Finally latest on me, as you know I am in this ‘medical + alternative’ regiment.  Up to now I was taking loads of vitamins, Essiac Tea and the Aloe+Honey.  This past weekend I added Curcumin, Chlorella and Spirulina based on my own independent research but here is my lesson learned… powder spirulina smells and taste like algae so if you want it, pay the extra money and get pills, I decided after trashing my powder that I did not really need to have spirulina.  One concern I have is that I am doing all this on my own, all the stuff I am taking is based on people’s advice and Google.  I will contact a naturalist soon to make sure that I am not wasting money on random medication or about to poke a hole in my intestines…  Will keep you posted as there is more to come.
Love y’all and have a nice week…  Gosh, September is almost here, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas and then ANOTHER YEAR…
I LOVE THE SOUND OF THAT
ME

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for your Mom. Prayers for Michael. Prayers for everyone. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete