About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Recharged

So I am not mad anymore, still not happy about the date and how it all went down but will make it work as I usually do.  What amazed me the most is how some people made encouraging or funny comments but how many either sent me a private message or called me, and some were people I have not spoken to in forever.  So this past week I got a card from Lisa Shelly (thanks), I was contacted by Ana Maria McQuattie Baiz a family friend of over 40 years and she is sending me some books.  I got a call from Jenn Romero-Pieron, Lynne Poppe and Sandra (Irish) all three of which I talk to about once a month, Katy Wakeham offering her house and any help from Dallas, Connie Martin who is coming to see us in two weeks, …  but now get this, I got a call from David Kelley who I have not spoken to in a couple of years and have not seen in five years and even get this… a call from Clementina Cortes my dear friend from my neighborhood in Caracas who I have not seen in over 20 years.

To all of you and those that write, thanks from the bottom of my heart because it does bring me loads of happiness.

Now let me tell you what I am doing to stay busy and keep my sanity, I am crocheting again and Michelle comes up with a different project each day.  This week I have made 3 pairs of baby slippers, one baby hat and a Christmas stocking that I am going to redo as I do not like it.  Do you crochet?  Or paint, sew or anything artistic? I would have asked mindless but drinking beer or any alcohol is mindless.  Maybe you run, exercise or do yoga? The point I want to make is that it is good for you to get away from your problems, to refresh your mind so that you can see things with better clarity and be strong to tackle the day. I have mentioned before that I am big on prayer, these days I spend a minimum of one hour a day praying, but if I let my mind wander, I feel guilty as this is my time to communicate with God.  So crocheting allows me to wander away and in the end, Maggie gets something new.

Every person needs to get recharged, so what are you waiting for?  Get away from your work, do something for you, away from your children, partner, pet, anything and everything that you are responsible for, get away for a bit and get refreshed, recharged…  You can thank me later.

Love y’all,
ME




2 comments:

  1. I make baby blankets... crochet a different one for every new baby I know. I still have the yarn I bought for the baby I could not have, some day it will be a beautiful blanket for a very special little one. The slippers are precious - Maggie is a lucky little girl.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke Nafarrete likes this.

    Alesia Jones-Parra Sipes Gardening and then jumping in the pool with my clothes on!
    14 hours ago

    Jennifer Romero-Pieron we love you!
    11 hours ago

    Barbara Scruton I keep trying to post a comment but it never seems to work. I enjoy reading your posts and you are an amazing woman. I used to love to crochet and knit but haven't done it in years. Maybe I should start again. It is more fun when you are doing it for a precious baby. You are in my prayers always. Love, Barb
    9 hours ago

    ReplyDelete