About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Maggie the Great

I am so sorry for those of you who are not on facebook and were not able to get updates on Maggie’s surgery and progress.  I had no computer access and the little phone was more than I could handle to type up a short story long.

All in all Maggie has done great.  At first, during surgery all the possible complications big or small did not happen so we were very happy.  By day two and then three there were a few setbacks but none life threatening.  She was faced with a bit of high blood pressure, and a bit of high sugar, and the big ones were not eating enough, throwing up and not pooping every day.  She has overcome most of them and we are praying and hoping that she is dismissed to the Ronald McDonald House tomorrow so she can come home as early as Wednesday… 

Talking about prayer, let me tell you, I know that there was an army of family, friends and more praying for her and sending loads of positive energy, Maggie did great, her parents (Michelle and Kevin) and us the grandparents all felt it.  During the past few days we have all been calmed, hopeful and even joyful.  Of course the best was when she started smiling again, that amazing smile that is so contagious.  God has blessed us with a wonderful miracle.

If you want to see lots of pictures and more detail on Maggie’s progress, please feel free to go to Michelle’s blog


Nothing new on Michael’s situation, I thank his friends for the support they give him via facebook; if you are his friend; feel free to send him messages as he is able to read them.

And then updates on me, nothing to tell you, the new port as well as the old hole are healing just fine so I do hope to get chemo this Thursday since it will be 6 weeks since the last one.  Thank God that I am doing all this other alternative stuff to keep the cancer away.  I will have to say that I am getting tired a lot easier than before… and do not tell me is age because I can’t stop from getting older and not having energy to do all the things that you want sucks…  Soon, one day soon, after miracle number 2 (Michael) we will get miracle number 3 (me) and life will be wonderful…  it is good now, but I want the best, I want a wonderful life for all.

Love y’all
ME

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful post. Thinking of you every day. So very grateful that Miss M is healing. Love her smiles. Where did you get the giraffe?

    ReplyDelete