About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Friday, November 18, 2011

Week of Learning

It has been an amazing week of learning and I will share all of it with you today.  But first things first…  Michael is out of rehab and will be coming home by Sunday.  What I learned today is that the more people that pray the more people God listens to and it does not mean that he will always say YES to the majority, but it means that today he did, he said YES to your prayers and mine.  Thank you God and thank all of you who helped me through this.  Now, with the celebration in my heart, please remember that this was only a petition; the real thing starts December 2nd, when Michael goes to court where they are appealing the charges in hopes that they are reduced.  Don’t worry; I will post a message asking for prayers for that day as well.

Something else I learned is that my daughter is more especial and precious than I could ever imagine.  She made the trip to Houston with me and had to bring Maggie.  Some of you can imagine what it is like to take an 8 month old baby on a long road trip and out of her element.  It is the kind of stuff you do for a well worth vacation but not to stay at a hotel and make trips to the hospital.  So Michelle, thank you…  You are the best.  And before closing this subject, I want to let you know one more thing that I remembered (learned a long time ago and had forgotten), even angels like Maggie, with the biggest smile on her face all the time, DO NOT do well on drastic changes like long trips, eating times and sleeping bed.  We are fortunate that my next trip to Houston will not require that I have someone with me so I can do it solo.

Another thing I learned this week is that Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (adenocarcinoma) is one of the greatest mutant cancer cells and that is why doctors have not been able to control it and the death rate is so very high (80% within 5 years).  With that said, the clinical trial that I will start is dependent on what mutation I have, and the best hopes is that the treatment makes the cells go dormant for a long time but know that I will NEVER be cancer free unless of course there is a miracle…  it can happen!!!! 

One unfortunate event is that doctors do not believe in alternative medicine so I have to discontinue all my meds and potions for now.  It is the typical situation where a doctor will prescribe a medicine they know little about into a body they know less about.  Also it is the pharmaceuticals that mostly sponsor the research so for now; I will keep my opinions to myself and try this in hopes for a better and longer life.  Remember, I am not ready to die just yet.

I want to give a special thanks to two beautiful nurses at MD Anderson, one is Nina who took care of me pre-op, when she realized that I was alone, she gave me a hug and said a prayer for me, and the other one that took care of me during recovery, her name is Eliza Rodriguez.  I was alone because they would not let Maggie in the IR so Eliza held my hand, listen to me moping about my pain, gave me good stuff too and we shared, and talked.  It is fascinating how God just puts people in your path just when you need them.

Love y’all, thanks for the support and today I cry happy tears
ME  

4 comments:

  1. great wonderful news michael coming home so so happy for you and you guys so deserve it. your new treatment sounds like a new avenue and i know you'll gonna embrace like all the others 100% and succeed. i'm a big believer in mind over matter. lots of love to you all will phone and this time can talk to my baby michael. love sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family were on my mind and in my hearts this holiday. We had a full house here. So glad your son was there with the family. Hope we can catch up soon. Take care. Your KY cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So touched and thank you for the nice compliment. It is so funny I think how God puts us right where I need to be. I was feeling sad today and your nice comment certainly made my night! Wishing and praying all the best for you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Nina and I wanted to tell you this made my day ...its crazy how we think we have no use to the world until you read things like this and you see that you touch people in many ways ... so thank you for letting me pray for you they say when two are more are gathered together GOD hears your prayers… may GOD bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete