About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Friday, November 11, 2011

“I’m Gonna Love you through it” – Martina McBride

Have you heard this song?  I know, it is considered country and most of my friends are NOT ‘Country or Western’ fans but the words and the message are amazing. It basically talks about a husband promising his wife that he will love her through the breast cancer fight.

I like it because it reminds me of how wonderful my husband has been through all my fights with cancer and all our mishaps in the past few years.  From that thought I go onto my children, Mom and sisters who have supported me and have tried to alleviate the weight that Pat carries.  And from there I go to the many friends who are loving me through it.

It is not easy to keep your spirits up day in and day out when your love one is hurting.  So this song is a good reminder that it is not all about me, that I am not the only one suffering through this horrible disease.

When I went to the internet to find the words, I found other websites where people made comments about parents that could not take it and left the spouse. Or maybe stayed but after a while faded away.  I can’t blame them.  Don’t get me wrong, it is not that I agree or believe that it is okay to walk away from responsibility especially during adversity.  But there are times that I wish I could walk away.  It is like having a colic baby that never outgrows the pain and crying, at first you try everything and in the end you just put on ear plugs…  I promise I didn’t do that as I never had a colic baby, but I know of people who have; and again I can’t blame them.

And this is really not only about cancer but it is about love and support through the hard times in life.  So today, please turn to your partner, your family or that best friend and say ‘thanks’ for the many times that they have loved you through it.

Love yah,
ME

PS. Here is a link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYNOXRifXKQ&noredirect=1    

1 comment:

  1. Patrick or J.H.C as i know him., gets hes strength from you...Luisa your such a strong person and you sent out that vibe to all the people around you. Love you both so much. Irish

    ReplyDelete