About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Clinical Trial denied

I should not complain and just count my blessing having Michael here but I just received a huge blow.  MD Anderson informed me that my insurance ‘Tricare Standard/Humana’ denied my participation on Clinical Trials.  This leaves me with nothing and it is a death sentence.
I have spent many hours on the phone, talked to almost a dozen people and what I have is Tricare DOES approve of clinical trials if they are approved by the National Cancer Institute (which this one is).  The proper paperwork is necessary including a medical necessity.  MD Anderson says that there approach is to first get a verbal approval that clinical trials are covered before they go through submitting all that paperwork.  So in the end they both say ‘my hands are tied’, well guess what ‘MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS’ witch….

So MD Anderson will call again today and if Tricare says yes, will then submit the paperwork but I was warned that ‘It will be a MIRACLE if they approve within 30 days’. S H I double hockey stick.  As of today, I have been without treatment for 7 weeks; I need God’s help for the cancer not to spread too much in the upcoming days.

Just to let you know, I am sad and upset and wishes that the old Luisa could take over and ring their necks, but I know better and getting angry will not solve my problem…  So I wait and cry.

Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I do not believe in leaving my readers with sadness I want to let you all know that MICHAEL IS HERE.  As indicated in my last blog, the court allowed him to leave rehab and will return to California for the December 2nd hearing.  We will pray a lot next week but for today, tomorrow and the rest of this week, we say thanks. 

I thank God and Jesus and all of my family and friends for your fantastic support.  My sadness will go away soon and the happiness of having Michael will take over.

Happy Turkey day,
ME

3 comments:

  1. I am so grateful that you have Michael with you this Thanksgiving. That is a blessing. I will pray that these medical & insurance people get off their arses and do the right thing. You do not need this in addition too.

    I am sending you love, blessings, light and a miracle for you this season. Keep the faith, my friend, and keep looking up. You will win; cancer will not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have great joy and sadness on reading your blog. I pray for your health & feel your happiness with Michael's homecoming.

    Many Thanks...giving wishes for you & your family.

    Love to you.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Luisa,

    Thank you for wanting me to share this journey. It is a journey that I am familiar with because I had stage 2 breast cancer. I am a 7 year serviver Sp?. you and Pat have always been close to my heart. All the good talks, the laughter, "pigeon taco" to name the few.
    Sorry I have not answer sooner, I do not look at this email too often I can be reached at familyconsecration@yahoo.com I look at this everyday. Know of my love and support. I love your attitude and saying. all my love, sister deb

    ReplyDelete