About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pillar

Some say that the wife is the Pillar of the family while the husband is the Head of Household.  Some say that the man is the Pillar and the wife the scaffolding; neither makes sense without the other.  When I Goggled it, it even said that in some villages, the first male born is the pillar.

No matter, in my house I worked hard to be the pillar or glue, the one that always knew where everything was, how everyone was doing and where we needed to be and when.

Now, there are days when I want to give up the role.  I know, some of my ex-coworkers must be saying ‘Luisa, giving up control? No way’ but ‘Yes way’.  It is too much responsibility and stress to have your family wellbeing in your hands.   On the other hand, is it right to quit a day here or there?  I have not done knowledge transfer for the role to anyone so… What to do?

Nothing, just write about it and move on…  Thanks for listening.

Now on updates, after I wrote the last blog, on the same day, an hour later I got a call from Sloan-Kettering with a phone consultation.  The doctor told me that there are several other chemotherapy drugs that I could use and might prove successful for my cancer; he suggested I wait a week for MD Anderson before moving forward with his recommendation.  A few minutes later we got a call from Michael’s lawyer basically indicating that he should be able to talk to the judge and have Michael out of rehab until the next court date (December 2nd).  I of course have my hopes up and will be very sad if this does not happen, the hearing is scheduled for Nov. 18th so loads of prayers and positive thinking.  And ½ hour later I got a call from MD Anderson confirming my acceptance to the clinical trial and that I will be scheduled this week for some testing and start the trial in 2 to 3 weeks….    Hurray…

So Pillar or glue or whatever, I have a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks and I am happy.  How about you?  Are you happy?  Remember if you are not having a good day or you need a pick-me-up, visit my daughter’s blog http://leachlove.blogspot.com and just look at the pictures of Maggie smiling, which will make your day.

Love,
ME

3 comments:

  1. Great news! You don't need to tell me to visit pictures of Maggie. I do it everyday and I always walk away smiling. How could you not with that little face of hers? Glad to hear of the recent good news. You deserve it. Please know I pray for and think of you guys always! Sending Texas-sized love your way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great architecture of the world never has just one pillar standing alone. There are always at least two, often many, many more. Multiple pillars share the load and allow magnificent buildings to stand through the ages...to stand against earthquakes and storms and all the other forces that nature can muster. That means you can be a pillar, but not carry all of the load all of the time. You have other family and friends who share the load with you and will gladly pick up a little slack on days when you don’t feel quite so strong.

    I think of you often, and am thrilled that good news is beginning to come your way. I will continue to send all the positive energy I can to you and your family…always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much! I try to be happy every day but it is sometimes a challenge. Maggie does help though, she will never know how much I love her.

    ReplyDelete