About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Good news, worst news

I truly dislike when I get good news and then the bad news outweighs the good news.  One other thing that I dislike is watching a movie or show and falling asleep and missing the ending.

So today I will share both of these with you, mostly because I am somewhat upset and need to get it out but here you will read the good news, the worst news and the ending will not come until tomorrow.   If this upsets you then stop reading and catch up tomorrow.

The good news, remember when I mentioned on a July blog ‘Blessings’ that Mary had taken away my tumor from my neck?  Well, after yesterday’s PET scan, it is less than 2 mm and considered a non-issue… but we knew that.

The worst news, remember when I mentioned that among my several tumors, one was over 2 cm in the adrenal gland, well… that one has doubled and multiplied.  Don’t know how 3 tumors respond to the treatment and one goes crazy.

So here comes the missing end of the story, I do not know what I am going to do as my appointment with the oncologist is not until tomorrow.

Is there another treatment for the revel cancer cells?  Chemo, proton?  Should I just forget it and know that I can’t win?  Should I go to one of those clinics in Mexico or Burzynski and use up our retirement money?  Is this really bad or maybe not so bad?

I might not have all the answers by tomorrow but will post whatever I get.

Love y’all
ME


PS. These are Maggie and grandma's toes painted blue

1 comment:

  1. Luisa, Mexico, no way! Can your doctor remove the adrenal tumors surgically? A web site said that's the preferred treatment for adrenal cancer. I dont think you would give up, although it's easy for us to say to a fighter that has gone through so much. Mary is there and I pray for her to make a miracle. In the meantime, you will know more tomorrow. We love you.

    ReplyDelete