About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Are you my friend?

It is incredible the amount of friends I have, God has blessed me with the most amazing friends that when I try to define friendship, I can’t.  Since I started this latest journey I have had some friends go into hiding and that is okay, please know that I still consider you my friend.  Some friends are playing Pick-a-boo ‘I see you, no I don’t’ and some have come out full on out.

In the past few months I have received calls from all over the world, and I mean all over the world, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Argentina, Ireland…  I have received e-mail and messages from all over the world like Spain, Italy, Germany and of course Argentina and Ireland as we know who those two are…  And the ones in California who open their house for Pat and/or I whenever we need to come out for Michael, and the ones who stay by our side in court month after month and visit Michael at the rehab… Plus the local (USA) calls from very dear friends some call every week some less but still loads of calls and then there are those that say ‘what the heck, let’s go see her’ and I have been blessed with visits from Diana, Diane, Sandy, Solange, Katy and Dirk (who owe us dinner), Connie, Celene, Linda and Charlie, Anita and Steve and this weekend Alan, Teresa and for bonus their daughter Lauren.

Can you feel the love?  I do, and hope to continue on this path as it is so rewarding. 

When people talk about BFF, can you really say that?  Each friend to me is my best friend forever, each friend feeds different parts of my soul and body; I either do not have a Best Friend or I have hundreds of Best Friends and ‘LIKE IT’ and all friends are ‘FOREVER’.

So whatever kind of friend you are, please know that just having you makes me happy but hearing from you is like the top of the top.  Just saying.  Now go phone a friend and make them happy.

PS, I was not going to still another picture from Michelle to put on my blog, but sorry, I could not resist, here are Maggie and Kevin.  Kevin just finished a 'Spirit of Survival' 1/2 marathon in support of Cancer research...  Love you Kevin

Love y’all,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment