About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Louie's Girls

I was debating on what to write today when I got a message from a long lost friend telling me that they are in Italy, lots of churches (which I hope it means that he is lighting candles but doubt it because he is Jewish) and that the angels do not need me yet and that prompted me to talk about angels.
Thanks to Michelle, I just read a book titled ‘Heaven is for real’ and based on that book, they have plenty of people/angels up there and there is only one of me down here. 
Have you ever thought of yourself as unique?  You should. 
Special?  Most definitely. 
Angel?  Sure, why not!!!
My father use to tell me when I was rejected by a friend (mostly a boy that I really liked) that if he was not smart enough to know how great I was, then he did not deserve a minute (or tear) from me.  I think of these words often and they make me feel great and when I feel great I see great things in people.
So the ‘Louie’s girls’, there is a local Bar and Grill here in Norman that is really close to our house.  The servers and bartenders are all young, beautiful and smart girls.  Pat and I have befriended a number of these young ladies and most of them have graduated, moved to new jobs, even gotten married but a core still hangs around together.  They are there for each other time and time again, and I am honored to say that they are there for me too.  Just a couple of days ago two of them (Kayla & Chelsea) gave me a hug, their smiles so pretty that even though I was not feeling my best, it just brought a smile out and with each smile one cancer cell dies.  One time I was having chemo and one of the Louie’s girls (Amanda) came to sit with me for an hour ‘just because’, another one of the girls (Lauren) who has moved to Texas, calls weekly to see how I am doing, and even another one who I hardly get to see (Jenni) sends me messages of encouragement on my blog.  When my second cancer was diagnosed and I was going to go to MD Anderson in Texas, the girls, managers and Chris, put their money together and bought me beautiful Cosmopolitan glasses, vodka and more to make my stay better…and it did.  Their postings are always funny, remember that they are mid to late 20’s and their view of life is nothing short from wonderful.  I do not need to watch reality shows any more, just reading their facebook postings is entertaining enough…  One day you will have one who is super skinny and pretty talk about going to the gym as if her life depended on it, another one posts every week a dog that needs a home and the name of restaurants that will donate money to ‘second chance’.  You always know where they were last night, who drank a bit much and who saved the day and the best is that when they are needed, there they are ready to help…as they did for Newcastle with the tornado cleanup…
Today I want to tell you that the Louie’s girls are angels on earth, they do not know it and probably won’t believe me but they are.  I also want to tell you that there has to be more of them around so keep your eyes open and when you find them, hang on…they will make your ride through life a fun filled rollercoaster.

NOTE: Please post comments on the website, sign up to Google and then you can post all you want.

Love y’all,
ME

5 comments:

  1. So gladyou are writing the blog.
    chinup and many smiles.
    luv and hugs
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great writer you are Luisa!
    Bravo! I'll be with you daily. This will
    not only be therapeutic for you but will help
    so many. Thanks for you. love, jacki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenn Hamburg Blogging about this is a great idea. I look forward to reading about your progress. Thanks for sharing. Give my regards to Patrick.

    Loni Coleman I agree with Glenn (Hi Glenn! ) blogging is a great idea. I'll certainly be a regular reader.

    Brooke Nafarrete Ditto!

    Jennie Fleming You write beautifully and are a source for inspiration. One of the reasons I quit smoking. I think of you often and will enjoy following your blog and your journey which I know you have lots of love and encouragement from so many including myself and Rod. We miss you and Partick


    Jenni 'West' Aguilar I love this one. ;)
    I'm glad to read that you're still smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren Brisco
    I read the post about the Louie's girls.. you are so sweet! Glad you've gotten into blogging! Miss you tons and hope yall had a very happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda Reneau and Jessica Sloan like this.

    ReplyDelete