About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

About Cancer and Chemo


Time to get serious and start some knowledge transfer.  My body handles chemo real well; thanks to Randy (Energy Doktor) I have learned what to eat to counteract the side effects of the chemo.  Unfortunately the chemo shrinks my tumors but does not kill the cancer cells.  My body handled radiation real well too, but Pat and I believe (have no proof) that the radiation actually triggered my cancer to grow even faster…so I will stay away from radiation and the subject all together.  First advice when you or a love one is facing cancer is to ALWAYS get a second opinion because there are lots of treatments out there.  Also get educated, not too much but enough because the doctors know the book side but only YOU know your body.  You and the doctors need to be a team when making decisions.  I know some people who just want the doctors to take charge and make it better…this is CANCER, not a paper cut that you put a band aid and go on with your life.  CANCER is now your life foreverrrrrrr.

Okay, now that you got that much know two other important things, cancer loves sugar and cancer loves misery.  So no alcohol while fighting cancer, no cakes, candies or sodas…I can still here Gayle telling Pat “…and don’t let her have those rum and cokes any more”.
Did I tell you that cancer sucks?  Big time but it does not have to kill you, well not always.
Cancer loves misery, so if you need to cry please do so, cry hard, blow your nose and move on to the next task because the more you are miserable the more I can hear the cancer cells going ‘he, he, he…here I come’.

For the record, today is day 11th since my last chemo so life is good.  Besides chemo, I am doing alternative medicine to build my immune system so that it can fight the cancer.  I have several friends that are big BIG on alternative and although I can’t do them all at the same time, I have all the instructions and recipes handy.  The first one I will share with you today is the Aloe remedy:
1)     Half a kilo (1.1 pounds) of pure RAW honey.
2)     350 grams (.77 lbs) of Aloe leaves (generally 3 or 4 leaves, depending on their size).  You must cut the thorns but do not peel the skin.
3)     A distillate to preserve the product, only 40 to 50 ml (6-8 teaspoons) is used. It is generally whisky, cognac, tequila or some other pure alcohol.

When made from scratch, this combination is mixed together in a blender.  Then the person must take one spoonful three times a day 15 to 20 minutes before each meal.  Take it 10 days on, 10 days off…for the rest of your life.
 Time for a nap so if you know someone with cancer, give them a hug and a smile they need it…If you have cancer then call upon people so that they can give you a hug and a smile, you need it.  And if by some unforeseen event you need a hug and can’t find one, call me I have loads of hugs hanging around.

Oops, one more thing, just in case that it is true that Hugo Chavez has cancer….please do not share my blog with him…

Love y’all,
ME

8 comments:

  1. I am amazed and humbled by your strength and courage. And I am proud to say you are my friend. Keep up the enthusiasm and your courage. As always, I am praying for you and the fam!
    Love you guys, XOXO. Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Luisa, and I won't tell Hugo anything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luisa,
    Can't believe this is #3. It takes a strong person -- man or woman-- to go through this process multiple times. My neighbor has also gone through 3 bouts of cancer and I respect her will. She is NOT ready yet and is a great fighter. Let me know if you'd like to talk to her.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luisa,

    I read your blogs to date and got caught up on things. First I want to say that your blog is terrific and I think sharing your thoughts like this will truly help others. You’ve been through a lot but your resiliency shines through your writing. Since I’m about 1,500 miles away, you’ll have to settle for an eHug from me. I will follow your blog going forward and hope to read that you are doing well. I will work on sending positive vibes and energy your way, though they may have trouble penetrating the New Jersey air.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo Dave's comments here Luisa! Mucho amor - estylo ELOS y de Tejas! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luisa....

    Mom has been telling me about things going on with you and your family...I am going to follow your blog so I can keep up with your progress. I have thought about you guys over the years and remember the fun times I had swimming in your pool. I so remember your smile and laugh! Please know that my family is praying for you!

    Love you!

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so forget the rum & cokes, time to start eating pot butter! I Love You, Luisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey Corral Watkins, Brooke Nafarrete and Karen Burke like this..

    Michelle Keating Leach it's ok I do 7 at a time :)

    ReplyDelete