About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Friday, June 24, 2011

First Blog

As my first blog I should let you know that I have been given an expiration date.  I am starting my third battle with cancer in as many years.  Of course, I am not ready and will fight like hell but the thought prompted me to think…Shshshshs this sucks, what to do, where to go, you can just imagine.  I went to my safety zone and said “Hello up there, God, you and I know there are a lot of things that need to get done down here so ‘Not yet’”.

As my first blog I should also let you know that this is not the only problem my family and I are facing.  Last year (while fighting my second cancer) my son was in an accident and we are still trying to work that problem out…which is big, huge, but it will be up to him if he wants to write about it.  What I can tell you is that I love him more than life and therefore ‘NOT YET’.

As my first blog I should also let you know that my first granddaughter was born this year.  She looked like a porcelain doll, you know why?  Because she was little, so little and almost perfect… and of course she is not perfect there are hiccups, big hiccups, surgery, procedures, future…on and on so if you want to know the details, read my daughter’s blog.  What I can tell you is that I love my granddaughter more than life and therefore ‘NOT YET’.

Are you getting the picture?  Good because it stops here.  Three major ‘GIGANTIC’ painful events all in the span of a year, all in the same family… I actually thought that someone had bewitched my family so I placed ‘Holy ointment’ on every door of my house and every family portrait while praying ‘Michael the Archangel’ prayer to protect us from the ‘devil’.

To finalize my first blog I should also let you know that I have a wonderful husband standing by my side through all this, I also have an amazing daughter who has more faith than I do, a family who supports me and a cast of characters called friends, lots and lots and lots of friends…I am not alone…God would never allow that to happen.

If it is true when they say ‘cancer loves misery’ then don not let me go there.  Do happy things for me, smile, sing, and dance and at the end of the day know that you MADE ME HAPPY and that helped me kill one more cancer cell.

Thanks,
ME

5 comments:

  1. Yay you did it! It's a wonderful first entry! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luisa, I'm so excited for you. What a wonderfully graceful beginning to a new chapter in your life. Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luisa...this is wonderful...I look forward to your postings...God works in mysterious ways, faith is on our side. Love, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen Burke I look forward to reading more. You are right you are not a cracker or box of cereal. You have no expiration date. We, all of your friends will help in your fight anyway that we can. Luv and hugs .

    Linda Hayes Talley I love you Luisa!

    Kindra Ramaker I love you too Luisa. And of course, that means I love your blog! No expiration date is right!

    Sue Tiedeman Cubberley Hugs to you Luisa. I like the blog.

    Marcela Lisi I like the blog, praying always for u..

    Betina Jones-Parra Liked what you wrote. Love you

    Vicky Fernandez Everyone gets strenght from you!! You are a perfect example of a person that overcomes adversity and a go getter. I'm sure that you are an inspiration to a lot of people and that you are helping others (big time) with your blog.

    Barbara Scruton good thoughts sent your way ... thanks for the blog.

    Ana Cristina Lapera So many reasons for "Not Yet". Hang in there, my wonderful friend, more prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Elena Marmodoro Rusinek, Betina Jones-Parra and 2 others like this.

    ReplyDelete