About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Merry Christmas and wishing US all a much better year in 2012

This is the time of the year when most people send out Christmas cards wishing family and friends ‘Good Tidings and a Happy New Year’. Some people (like me) usually even write a bit or a lot about the events of the past year.  We believe that Luisa’s (my) blog has done that so we will not bore you any further but would like to highlight the blessings that we received in 2011.

Michael graduated from College with a degree in Japanese and he is now allowed to come to Oklahoma and be with us until the court case is settled. (Next Court date is January 13th).
Michelle gave birth to an Angel named Magnolia Love (Maggie).  This little bundle of joy had a successful open heart surgery and has brought so much joy to us and everyone who sees her.
Michelle and Kevin are of course doing okay but now they play second fiddle to Maggie so all I can say is that Michelle is taking a sabbatical from teaching to care for Maggie and Kevin is rocking in college.
Luisa (me) started a clinical trial at MD Anderson for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC).  This trial offers the opportunity to have a bit more time with y’all.
Patrick is the pillar of the family, we are blessed that he is still standing strong supporting and loving all of us through our ups and downs.
Other honorable mentions are my Mom (Betty) who has cancer but is still living life and loving Maggie and my mother-in-law (Louise) who is still with us and continues to laugh and smile.
And last but not least for the dog lover… Cosmo is doing fine and loving Maggie too.

There is more, some good and some not so good which you can read up on the blog http://luisajones-parrakeating.blogspot.com/ but for now that was a highlight of the most important events of the year, what I call my miracles.




So with that, from our family to yours, we want to wish you a Merry Christmas and that next year brings you lots and lots of blessings.

XOXOXOX
La familia Keating

2 comments:

  1. Great family photo of y'all! But is that Kevin and Maggie wearing Burnt Orange? I could swear that it is! Looks good on them.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Hope to see you soon! XO, Katy Wakeham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luisa and Pat, you are often on my mind and I continue to be amazed at your zest for life! I pray for you and your family! Michael, you are also in my prayers. Maggie is beautiful and congratulations to you all on your wonderful family! Luisa, I pray for you with the trial and for getting it started as soon as possible and that your cancer is not spreading. Meagan and Madison say hi and they also are praying for you. Much love to you all!

    ReplyDelete