About Me

My photo
I am starting my third battle with cancer and I would like if you travel with me ...

Thursday, May 10, 2012

5/8 - 5/10

5/8- Was my Dad's birthday.  We got to celebrate him at night with pizza, salad and key lime pie.  Tuesday my mom was pretty out of it.  We weren't really sure if it was the medicine she had taken, or just her body declining, but Tuesday was a hard day.

The hospice nurse came and explained that we are transition from a bus to a bike.  What she meant was, for the last 3 years, we've been on a bus barreling towards remission and trying everything... chemo, radiation, surgery, not eating fresh fruit and salads, and various forms of treatment.  Now we're on a bike and my mom is the driver.  Our goal is to just make her comfortable, not necessarily fix something that is wrong.

My brother came home late Tuesday night and discovered my mom standing up alone in the kitchen.  He flipped on the light and guided her back to bed but did not feel comfortable leaving her alone, so he slept in the living room, what an angel.

I woke up around 2 a.m. and was worried to go check on my mom but knew I should.  When I came out I could hear my mom and brother snoring in unison.

5/9- I woke up early and as I walked into the living room, my mom raised both arms up and waved at me. A good sign.  I started taking her vitals and she had definitely improved since Tuesday.  My mom was wanting to walk around and did a few laps around the kitchen.

My dad's cousin's Pam and John arrived from North Carolina and fixed us a great meal.  My mom even ate some of it and some of my step-mother in law's fruit pudding.

5/10- My brother slept in the living room with my mom again and said she had a pretty peaceful night.  Throughout the whole morning, she has slept.  My dad and I were able to convince her to go to the bathroom, but other then that, she's been sleeping.

Just still praying for peace for her.  Thanks for all the love and support we've received.  We've been passing along messages.  She is no longer checking facebook or her blog but we will verbally give her messages as they're sent.

2 comments:

  1. My love and prayers are with you all across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. empty cage is my dumb name that I am stuck with? jacki long ;o)

    ReplyDelete